Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The End of the Trip

Alright everybody. I know many of you have been wanting this for a long, long time. Well, I'm finally going to do it. I will now describe some pictures.

These are pictures taken during the last week of my sister’s visit to Japan and the end of my Winter Vacation. I won’t comment on them all, but I will on some.

These are the children in my “Host Family,” the Yanagis, who have somewhat, adopted me. It all happened when Masaki, the 15-year-old boy, asked me over for dinner one day shortly after his father died. On new years, this family took Jane and I to an onsen (or hot spring bath) deep in the mountains.

Singing on the floor: Here I am signing on my bedroom floor with two of my best friends. They live in the neighboring towns of Saijo and Komatsu. As you can see, I am surrounded by absolutely beautiful people.

Here is Masaki and his sister Misa at the onsen.



At the onsen we ate yakiniku, or barbeque meet (I had veggies) one of the things placed on the grill were live clams, and they squirmed and silently screamed in their shells, like slugs or anemones turned upside down, squirming for salvation or deliverance from the pain of their flesh burning, all in slow motion…god it was horrible. Reminded me of all the times when I was little putting live crabs into boiling pots of water in Maryland with my family. We had to cover the pots quickly because the crabs always tried so hard to get out of burning alive. Recently we just buy the crabs from a place down the street.


The kids asleep after the onsen.


This is the onsen Jane and I went to. The water was white with a muddy kind of mineral that made out skin very soft. Onsens are always magical places. Getting naked in the sunlight..ah.

Here is the secret garden in Niihama. Stunning moss, isnt it?

Garden roof


totally beautiful women, yes? and the umbrellas are nice too.

Landscape from train: I plan on making a painting like this picture.


Fierce dragon fish on temple roof at garden.

Secret garden (can you see Jane?)

Here we are at Naoshima, the small “Art Island” off the coast of Takamatsu. See past post for more info if you want.

Yayoi Kusama's pumpkin


another photo I will draw. i love this montain.

Here is an art piece at Naoshima. What is it? Well, it's a black rectangle in a white frame nestled in the cliff. It reminds me of a portal.

self-portrait in granite

naoshima

walking friends

Julie and Thousand Armed Avalokistesvara, blooming bonzai tree, and teacup, in my apartment

Reflection and Jane

Man investigating a portal: I drew a picture just like this in college. Was it a prophetic vision? I think I will draw it again.

This is the oldest Yanagi child and I.

Masaki, my student. Stud, no?

after I dropped Jane off at the Airport I went to a concert in Osaka. This beautiful bassist was the object of most of my attention. He danced with his bass like Edgar Meyer.

i saw these at the concert


Rice fields by my house

Muji: If you have time, please read this mission statement found on the wall of this store. It is quite a profound manifesto, especially the second and third paragraphs.


these clouds kind of tripped me out the other day. They were subtly moving in many directions, vibrating slightly. Was I hallucinating?

4 comments:

David said...

David you are loooking very handsome!
I am currently sat here in England in the beautiful arms of Abie. We say hello to you, and we both miss and love you dearly.
Godspeed

yanmaneee said...

supreme
chrome hearts online store
supreme t shirt
off white
yeezy boost
golden goose outlet
yeezy
jordan 6
jordan shoes

Unknown said...

replica bags los angeles i thought about this y4p86u0g18 replica bags hermes i was reading this n0g49f7u24 best replica designer bags replica bags gucci her response z7y31g3d66 replica louis vuitton bag replica bags forum m6x71b3d65

roothee said...

replica bags in pakistan replica gucci d3c29h2n46 replica prada nylon bags Get More Info d1b53u5y45 louis vuitton fake replica bags nyc replica bags louis vuitton hermes fake l9s65g3a53 replica bags hong kong

May all beings be Free and in Love.



Blog Archive