Monday, May 20, 2013

holy holy instrument


"The body is a man's first and most natural instrument."

Marcel Mauss, "Body Techniques"

Every time I watch this video of Bobby McFerrin improvising in his current tour "Spirit You All," I feel joy and creative life, in me and in him! It's so inspiring. McFerrin loves to talk about improvisation and the creative spirit, often cloaking them in Christian, soulful languages, but the direct performance of his spiritual music/practice/gift/concentration shines like a bush fire, right? Did anyone see him in KC a week or so back? I wish I could have been there. Here he is with his daughter singing a version of Mere Words, one of my favorite songs of all time...



Here is the original.

smile. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This website was... how do you say it? Relevant!
! Finally I have found something that helped me. Kudos!

My site www.Litok.de

Anonymous said...

Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your articles?

I mean, what you say is valuable and all. However just imagine
if you added some great pictures or videos to give your posts more, "pop"!

Your content is excellent but with images and video clips, this website could definitely be one
of the greatest in its field. Good blog!


My site - summer programs for teens

May all beings be Free and in Love.



Blog Archive