Tuesday, February 07, 2006

my birthday









The softest Japanese flute pulled me into my pillow. Usually my radio alarm is a man talking at 5:30 in the morning, but today the most wonderful Japanese flute, and then some absolutley heavenly choral music. I laid in bed for almost an hour just listening to it. Then I got up, did my asanas, sat in meditation, sang a song into my singing bowl, made coffee, ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, checked my email, and then off too school, thirty minutes by bike up hill, my fingers and ears were cold but my body and head were hot, and the air was clear and crisp, clouds passing quickly above and below the mountains tops. At school i looked out the window and I saw a tiny little cloud near the base of the mountians. See it? “What are you doing down here?”


I had only a half day of school. On the ride home it started to rain.

Trisha picked me up for Lunch and as soon as I got into her car she said, “close your eyes” and I did and then she smeared the sweetest smelling sacred incense powder in the world on my forehead. “Happy birthday!” She said, beaming a smile into me brighter than the sun. (She shares the same flava as the earth Goddess).

Then I painted tiny squares, read some of SES, and Jesse came over and we bought veggies and made dinner. Mayu and Jackie came over. Mayu brought a cake; sweet red beans and matcha, amazing cake, fluffy, and then Yasu came in unexpectedly with a humongous orchid. Afterwards I went down to Jackie’s and watched Brokeback Mountain. I have no idea how I feel except that I feel like crying and I did cry a little actually. Please see it if you haven’t. So, yeah, great birthday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

David-

How I miss you! From where Im sitting, you are so so so lucky. The pictures you take of your life are beautiful and I dream of being there someday. I think about you often and hope things are going well for you. Cold in Lawrence, but always warm in the A+D! I saw Ian Horner the other day, a few times, but I never see Chris anymore. Do you talk with him? I am working on the Kiosk this semester and I am living and loving life.

So much love I have for you.

Katy


p.s. somewhat random question, but what kind of digital camera do you have? It takes amazing pictures if i do say so.

David said...

i use my mom's Canon Powershot S500

May all beings be Free and in Love.



Blog Archive