Friday, May 05, 2006

new post




Abie is sitting in front of me right now knitting a sweater. I spent all day with her today. Well, first, I woke up to birds in the sunlight and did some yoga, talked to Eli on the phone, which was healing like sunlight, he is so friendly and light, then I went to Kieran and Jocelyn’s for a cinco de mayo party. We made tortillas and salsa and spanish rice and black beans and that was delicious. Then, I went with Abie and others to Kuroshima Koen (black Island park) where we went down a big rolly slide, played in the fountain with kids that splashed us as if we were little like them (this one girl walked up to me and put her hand on my arm and said hello). Then we went to the ocean and looked out at the infinity. And then I came home and abie knitted and I worked on this painting.

I am excited to got to school on Monday because it is the boarding school for the bad kids and I get to stay there this time, doing everything the kids do. Here is the schedule they sent me.
8:20~8:45 marathon (running about a mile around a dirt track barefoot)
8:45~1:15 classes and lunch
1:15~3:00 Kendo
5:15 Dinner
6:00 self-study (they call it “self-study!”)
7:00 snack and bath and free time
9:00 meeting and writing diary
9:30 lights out

6:30 the hour of rising, washing your face and cleaning and preparation
7:30 breakfast
8:15 go to school

Doesnt that sound fun? I love this school for bad kids in the country. There are only about 15 kids there (maybe not even that many) and they and the teachers are all really great (except of course, when I compliment a kid on his tattoo like I did the first day and the teachers had to tell me that was a big no-no.) im not alloud to take pictures of those kids because it is secret that they are at the school, but i will see if i can anyway.

4 comments:

David said...

Hello my good friend

The new painting looks simply a sight of beauty. You have such talent. I love the way the flowers are jumping off the picture and across my face.

I am also very happy to hear you get such enjoyment from working with these 'bad kids'. I'm sure they have lots of happiness to share, they are humans just like us....and they have tattoo's....cool

Also its great to see that you've taken Abie under your wing, i miss her dearly, but i feel happy knowing she is in those great and wonderful hands of yours, in good care.

I hope life is stroking your hair

Speak soon
Much love and peace to you

David

Abie said...

Uh oh! Abby ja nai, yo!
Abie da!

:oP

David said...

yes, i will fix that right away.

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

May all beings be Free and in Love.



Blog Archive