Sunday, August 10, 2008

Stacking Rocks

Saturday I got to spend with Ashley, Dennis, Yukiko, and her sister.
We went to the Sekigawa river for a picnic. Rock-stacking is indigenous to Japanese culture, and whenever I find a secret spot deep in the mountains, I also find that someone has already been there. Japan is filled with Andy Goldsworthys.
Great balance.
The peaches looked so cool under water.
This is a bonzai garden we found by the river.
baby bonzai trees

I want to paint something like this: a self portrait in tree roots, with the sky and tree behind me, and a leaf or dead cicada in front.
This HUGE tree...

Magnificent.

3 comments:

Mark Harman said...

Those stacks of rocks are absolutely amazing... as is the bonsai tree garden. That takes some serious skill!

Anonymous said...

I like the idea for the painting you described. The shape of the space in the roots with the water, it is very feminine. makes me think of water & life and the moon.

David said...

exactly.

May all beings be Free and in Love.



Blog Archive