Saturday, August 02, 2008

Cousin Mark!

Mark and Jess at Inari shrine, Kyoto.
Yasuchika and Satoru. Being around both of these amazing souls at the same time was pretty intense, as those of you who know them can imagine. Sure, I know there is depth and beauty permeating every point in the universe, but some points are particularly deep and beautiful. Here are two such particular points, on a train in Tokyo, hanging out with lucky little me.
Kazu let us stay at his place and took us to many wonderful places. He is a great friend.
Maiko in Kyoto. She walked so fast, but then to our luck she had to stop at the traffic light, giving us an opportunity to photograph her.
Monkey Mountain was covered in babies.

Here I am singing with The Fixations at the show in Osaka.
I met Mark and Jessica at Ueno park. First place we went was the lotus field there.

Then we met Nic Swindler, Yasuchika, and Satoru at Yoyogo park, had a picnic, and played a killer round of Apples to Apples.

Mark and Jessica on the train to Kamakura.
Me, singing.
Buddha of Infinite Light (Amida) in Kamakura.
Maiko (or Geisha) we saw at Gion in Kyoto. She walked so fast!


Swimming in Kamakura
Ty on a bridge at Mt. Koya
Toy offering to Jizo, Mt. Koya

Megan and Ty

Ryoanji, Kyoto




Daddy Long Leg



Kinkakuji, Kyoto

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some great photos of you David.
Love,
Molly

David said...

Beautiful photos David! It looks like you had a wonderful time together. A shame Hokkaido was just out of reach, next time buddy! Fo shiz! ^_^
Catch up with you soon brother.

Anonymous said...

That second picture of Maiko (the one where the motion enfolds her) is one of the best you've taken on your trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE it!

Rod said...

Hi David,

I googled 'vipassana + matsuyama' and stumbled on your blog. I just finished 30 minutes of very tiresome meditation, and was looking for some company to meditate with. I'm in Hojo.

Would you care to email me for a chat at rod(at)walters.net?

You've taken some beautiful photos.

Rod

Anonymous said...

I just now recognized the B&W of Kazu, He looks more clean-cut than last I saw him. I still have a package of appreciation to mail him from my visit last year! :)

Terri said...

thank. you.

i am sitting in a dingy internet cafe near the bus station in Chiang Mai. and i am humbled.

and pouring light from the wound you open in my heart.

love you.

Anonymous said...

i could get extremely great time!
thank you for your invitation!
Love
Satoru

May all beings be Free and in Love.



Blog Archive